These Skillet Italian Herb Chicken Thighs are tender, juicy and are deliciously seasoned using a wonderful blend of spices. They are cooked in a cast iron skillet and are seared beautifully on the exterior.
Chicken is a universal favorite protein for my family. Chicken is easy to change up when it comes to flavors, ways to cook it or what to incorporate it into.
I absolutely love skillet meals for their ease and one-cooking-dish method. Cast iron skillets can be transferred from stovetop to oven seamlessly which makes it one of my favorite ways to cook a meal. Less dishes makes for one happier mama.
I love this blend of flavors in this recipe. They fuse together deliciously to make for a tender, juicy and flavorful main dish. This chicken would pair perfectly with a variety of side dishes. This will definitely be a recipe I revisit over and over.
Skillet Italian Herb Chicken Thighs
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, pepper, and paprika and whisk together.
- Rub chicken with olive oil.
- Rub seasoning into the chicken.
- Heat large cast iron skillet and add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place chicken in skillet.
- Brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.