Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake is a blend of sautéed smoked sausage and fresh vegetables, added to a scrambled egg mixture then baked in less that 30 minutes. This breakfast bake is perfect for the holidays!
Breakfast for the holidays is one of my favorite traditions! If you love breakfast casseroles as much as I do, try The Best Breakfast Casserole, Tator Tot Breakfast Casserole or Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole.
Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
Eckrich Smoked Sausage is naturally hardwood smoked and crafted with just the right blend of spices for a truly rich, savory taste.
Their bun-length smoked sausage links are the perfect addition to any tailgate, cookout or family meal.
Between hosting out-of-town guests and whipping up snacks for unexpected visitors, it may feel like the holiday season calls for non-stop entertaining and time spent in the kitchen, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun or done without help.
Eckrich is here to not only equip you with inspiration, but also great quality products that are delicious and simple to cook with.
Holidays are meant for spending time with loved ones and creating memories that last a lifetime, and is there really a better way to connect than over food?
Not just eating it, but making it too!
Take the stress out of holiday cooking by incorporating Eckrich’s versatile and fool-proof products in traditional family recipes you have on-hand.
Mix this year up by getting all generations.
From your tiny chefs, to the ones that inspired you.
In the kitchen and rediscovering and revamping traditional dishes with a fun new twist.
From their naturally hardwood smoked sausage crafted with just the right blend of spices to top quality deli meats that are 100% gluten-free, Eckrich products are versatile, easy to cook with, and guaranteed crowd-pleasers.
They’re the perfect solution to take the burden off of the chef’s shoulders this holiday season.
Plus, they come in delicious flavors and varieties like Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope, Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links, Ham Off The Bone, and Hard Salami.
For recipe inspiration, product information, and where to buy, visit www.Eckrich.com.
Who is Eckrich?
Peter Eckrich arrived in America at the age of 17, eager to seek his fortune. In 1894, he opened a small meat market in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
There he created many of the sausages he enjoyed growing up in Germany.
Peter took great pride in his craft. His dedication paid off.
The business grew and before long, Peter had opened up a second shop as well as a plant to supply his growing wholesale business.
By 1932, Eckrich meats were nationally recognized for their great taste and supreme quality.
Through it all, these things have never changed.
The craftsmanship. The care. The pride. It’s as strong in our company today as it was in Peter Eckrich’s little Indiana shop, 120 years ago.
What you need for Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
I love the simplicity of this delicious and flavorful Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake recipe.
It is ready in less than 30 minutes and the preparation is simple with the help of family members in the kitchen and the holidays are all about spending time together.
Older ones can easily help cut and prepare the vegetables while little ones set the table.
It makes for a great morning making memories together in the kitchen.
This Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake is simple, easy and full of flavor!
- Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage: cut into chunks
- Olive oil: best for sautéing the vegetables
- Onion: small in size and diced
- Red pepper: diced
- Mushroom: sliced
- Garlic cloves: minced
- Spinach: chopped
- Eggs: beaten and scrambled
- Salt and pepper: to taste.
How to make Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
This dish comes together quickly and easily in just minutes.
Preparing the fresh vegetables, Smoked Sausage and adding in eggs with the breakfast bake makes for a complete meal.
Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage are made with the perfect blend of spices and high quality ingredients that cooks up so well in this recipe.
This tried and true Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake is a true breakfast dish that will please your whole family!
Full of flavor, this recipe is just what your morning needs this holiday season.
Share this Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake recipe with those you love gathered around the table on Christmas morning.
- Prepare pan: Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 9×13 inch pan with non stick spray.
- Sauté vegetables: In a medium sized skillet, over medium high heat add the onion and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes until almost tender. Add in the mushrooms and garlic and continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add spinach and smoked sausage and cook until heated through.
- Layer vegetables in the pan: Spread evenly on the bottom of the 9×13 inch pan. Pour the eggs on top of the sausage mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked throughout.
Variations when making sausage mushroom breakfast bake
There are so many fun ways to add in vegetables or substitute them for others when making this sausage mushroom breakfast bake recipe.
Hosting family and friends during the holidays is easier with Eckrich, knowing there are options for everyone with their wide array of products.
Help make your breakfast bake loved by all this holiday season by using any of their flavors or varieties and add in or substitute just the right ingredients to make this even more flavorful.
Here are some variations to help with this Ssausage Mmushroom Bbreakfast Bbake:.
- Vegetables: different coloreds bell peppers, kale, tomatoes (fresh or canned), broccoli, or water chestnuts are great add ins.
- Cream: to make this richer in flavor, add in 1/4 cup of half & half with your eggs.
- Cheese: Swiss cheese, Colby jack, or mozzarella would work well and melt perfectly in this breakfast bake.
- Spicy: need a little heat of flavor. Try adding 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, green chilies, or green onions.
- Potatoes: make this a heartier meal with shredded, diced, or frozen potatoes.
Tips for making Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
This Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake is one- of- a-kind with help from Eckrich. .
Their Eckrich Jalapeño & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links have amazing flavor and adds to this breakfast bake perfectly.
The smoked sausage is tender and juicy, and leaves this breakfast bake thick and flavorful.
With the help of these few tips, your Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake recipe will be amazing, and your family will be raving about it all through the holiday week!
- Fresh or frozen vegetables: It is easier to make this with raw, fresh vegetables. They will cook more evenly when being sautéed and then baked in the oven.
- Whisk eggs: Thoroughly whisk your eggs into a separate bowl before adding them to the pan.
- Covering the breakfast bake: Make sure to cover the pan when baking to ensure this cooks evenly.
- How to know when it is done: Once the outside edges become golden brown and the egg mixture in the middle is firm ( check by rocking the pan), Use a toothpick or knife to check if it is completely cooked through. You can also use a thermometer to check to see if it has reached 165 F.
Storing sausage mushroom breakfast bake
Great for make ahead days during the holiday season.
Even making two or three pans to be sure there is enough for everyone is a great idea.
This dishIt stores well in the refrigerator, as well as the freezer if needed.
- Making ahead of time: Simply follow the instructions until you are ready to bake. Cover with aluminum foil or lid and place in your refrigerator. When you are ready to bake, simply take it out of the refrigerator and bake it according to the instructions. This can sit in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Can you freeze this recipe? Yes, this is perfect for freezing. After the bake has completely cooled down, place in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Lay flat in your freezer for up to 1 month. When ready to warm up, place on baking sheet frozen and bake until warmed through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Warming up leftovers: To reheat, add it to the microwave or bake covered in the oven. Checking it occasionally until it has been warmed through.
More delicious breakfast recipes
Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 people
Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake is a blend of sautéed smoked sausage and fresh vegetables, that isadded to a scrambled egg mixture, then baked in less than 30 minutes.
- 7 ounces Eckrich Jalapeño & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links diced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 8 ounce mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Cups spinach chopped
- 12 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch pan with non stick spray. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the onion and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes until almost tender. Add in the mushrooms and garlic and continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add spinach and sausage and cook until heated through.
Spread evenly on the bottom of the 9×13 inch pan. Pour the eggs on top of the sausage mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked throughout.
Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g30%
Vitamin A 2034IU41%
Vitamin C 31mg38%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.