Monte Zovo Sa’ Solin Valpolicella Ripasso pairs well with this wonderful fall recipe.
Risotto with Radicchio and Pecorino Cheese
Ingredients for 2 people:
160 g Carnaroli rice
1/2 vegetable stock cube
1/2 glass of Valpolicella Ripasso
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of grated Pecorino cheese
- Fill a pot with about 400 ml of water.
- Add the stock cube and keep the broth hot on low heat.
- Cut the radicchio into strips and stir fry it in a saucepan with a tablespoon of oil for few minutes, then add the rice.
- Toast it, deglaze with the Valpolicella Ripasso and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the broth to the risotto in small ladles, until cooked, continuing to stir.
- Separately, sprinkle the grated Pecorino cheese in a pan to create a crispy wafer to garnish.
- Enjoy it with a glass of Monte Zovo Sa’ Solin Valpolicella Ripasso.
This post is a partnership with the team at Monte Zovo Winery, who provided the recipe. Wine reviews are written independently.