Quick and Easy Stromboli gets loaded with Italian salami, pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese. This is so quick, easy and delicious you will want to make it again and again!
Homemade Stromboli Recipe
Do you ever make something and wonder why you haven’t made it before? This my friends is “that recipe”. Holy cow. We have been missing out!!
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make. It comes together in about 10 minutes and only takes 15 minutes to bake! You can always customize the ingredients to your families tastes. But the italian salami, pepperoni and cheese combo was delicious!
I seriously can’t even believe that I haven’t made this until now! To save on time you use a refrigerated pizza crust and it comes together in less than 10 minutes.
Since things have been so busy around here lately you better believe that this recipe will be happening on a weekly basis! You guys are going to love it too! You won’t be able to get enough of it!
What is Stromboli?
Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with various Italian cheeses and cold cuts or vegetables. The dough used is either Italian bread dough or pizza dough. Bread dough, cheese (typically mozzarella), meat or vegetables are the main ingredients.
Stromboli’s are usually thought of more with Pizza. You could say it’s a different take on a Calzone. While a Calzone is Stuffed inside of pizza dough, Stromboli’s ingredients are rolled in it. This Stromboli is a bit different. As you can see it’s not your classic pizza ingredients. In my opinion these contents give this meal more opportunity to be on the table at any time.
- Refrigerated Pizza Dough: Pillsbury Thin Crust is what I used
- Pizza Sauce: Choose the best one for your family
- Italian Salami: Always one of my favorites
- Pepperoni: Thinly sliced is best
- Mozzarella Cheese: Sliced cheese melts evenly
- Egg: Whisk together and spread over top the outside of the pizza dough.
- Italian Seasoning: Sprinkled on the outside for best
- Parsley: Freshly chopped for garnish.
How to Make the Best Stromboli:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll the dough out and stretch it out on a piece of parchment paper. Spread the pizza sauce leaving about 2 inches from the edge. Top with italian salami, then the cheese, and end with pepperoni.
- Roll up the dough up like a cinnamon roll and pinch the edges to seal and fold where the seam is. Lay the stromboli seam side down. Brush with the egg and cut small slats in the top. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, italian seasoning and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with warm pizza sauce.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
If your Stromboli burns before the inside is baked, your oven may run hot! Be sure to bake stromboli in the lower half of the oven for best results.
Variations when making Stromboli:
- Vegetables: Mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and black olives are great texture fillers.
- Meat: Pepperoni, bacon, Canadian bacon or sausage are fun variations of meat.
- Cheese: Mozzarella, fontina, gouda, asiago, provolone or gruyere are perfect for melting.
- Dough: Fresh or frozen dough will work great for this Stromboli recipe.
More Easy Pizza Dinners:
Quick and Easy Stromboli
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 Servings
This Stromboli gets loaded with italian salami, pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese! This is so quick, easy and delicious you will want to make it again and again!!
- 1 tube Pillsbury thin crust refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices italian salami
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll the dough out and stretch it out on a piece of parchment paper. Spread the pizza sauce leaving about 2 inches from the edge. Top with Italian salami, then the cheese, and end with pepperoni.
Roll up the dough up like a cinnamon roll and pinch the edges to seal and fold where the seam is. Lay the stromboli seam side down. Brush with the egg and cut small slats in the top. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with warm pizza sauce.
Updated on February 17, 2020
Originally Posted on May 19, 2016
Quick and Easy Stromboli
Amount Per Serving
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g35%
Vitamin A 398IU8%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.