This Orange Ricotta Bread is so moist and has such a refreshing citrus flavor. This recipe is incredibly delicious and perfect year round.
I love a delicious quick bread and this one is spectacular. It has such a bright, fresh and citrusy orange flavor. This Orange Ricotta Bread is incredibly moist with a delicious texture and fabulous taste.
This will be a recipe that you will want to make year round. It is sweet and more of a dessert than anything. It resembles a pound cake. It will receive rave reviews whoever it goes!
Orange Ricotta Bread
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 1½ cups cake four
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with Bakers Joy or grease and flour.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar for about 2 minutes.
- Add ricotta and blend again for another minute.
- Add eggs one at a time beating for 1 minute after each addition.
- Add vanilla and orange zest and mix again.
- Add baking powder, salt and ½ a cup of flour at a time. Blend until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake or bread will be dry.
- Let bread cool in pan for 5 minutes before inverting onto wire rack. I always loosen the sides by sliding a sharp knife along the edges first.
- While bread is cooking combine all the ingredients for the glaze, except for the vanilla, into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour glaze over warm bread.
- Cool before serving.