These Lemon Lime Bars are citrusy and refreshing. Each bite is bursting with exciting flavor that is light and fresh.
Dessert comes in a variety of forms, for a variety of occasions, for each season. These Lemon Lime Bars are packed with a citrusy and refreshing taste. The filling is smooth and soft and pairs perfectly with the thing crust.
The combination of lemon and lime provides a light and fresh flavor. These bars are super simple to whip up and are a crowd pleaser.
Lemon Lime Bars
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup softened butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Add lime peel, flour and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Press into 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 14 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While crust is baking combine eggs and sugar in a medium size mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and mix again.
- Add flour and baking powder and beat for 4 minutes.
- When crust has baked for 14-15 minutes, remove from oven and pour filling over hot crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or unto golden brown.
- Cool on rack and then dust with powdered sugar.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Add flour and baking powder.