Whether your kids are going back to the classroom or doing distance learning (or both, like us!), it’s time to start thinking about “back to school” again.
So, for those who’d like to create structure by packing lunches in advance—no matter where your kids are schooling—here is the latest installment in my School Lunch Roundup series! Get your little ones involved by asking them which items in these pictures they’d like to see in their next packed lunch.
First Though, A Plan To Help!
Before we dive in, I want to make sure you saw that we are once again offering our uber-popular packed lunch meal plans (for two weeks only)!
Complete with what to buy, what to prep, and what to pack (including colorful pictures), our Real Lunches, Real Easy! eBooks are so easy to follow that your kids could roll up their sleeves and pitch in to help!
Whether you get one version or all four, this is a super simple way to create structure and routine this school year. But don’t delay, because they’re only available until August 24th. See a sample menu below, and learn more here.
School Lunch Roundup 17
Now, here are those real food lunch pictures I promised for inspiration!
- Whole-wheat bagel (from a local shop) with cream cheese, cucumbers & purple carrot shavings on it
- Homemade chicken nuggets
- Leftover roasted brussels sprouts
- Cornichons (baby pickles)
- Salad made from Cilantro and Lime Coleslaw, from my Fast & Fabulous cookbook, topped with Pork Carnitas
- Whole-grain crackers with sliced manchego cheese
- Leftover roasted carrots
- Homemade Tomato Bisque
- Hummus/cheese/spinach sandwiches on whole-wheat pita
- Plain yogurt with some pure maple syrup and pomegranate seeds
- Homemade granola to mix in
- Homemade chicken nuggets (from On a Budget cookbook)
- Fruit (kiwi, strawberries, & oranges)
See any new things you’d like to try in these pictures? I’d love to hear in the comments!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but 100 Days of Real Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!