Ham and Cheddar Sliders are soft and buttery baked rolls filled with sliced ham and ooey gooey cheese. They are the perfect quick and easy crowd-pleasing meal!
Delicious Ham and Cheddar Sliders
My life has been crazy lately! I am sure you can all feel my pain. So needless to say, I have needed quick and easy meals these past few weeks! These ham and cheese sliders were just that. So simple yet amazing! The ham and melty gooey cheddar was delicious. But the best part of these is the mustard, butter, and poppyseed glaze on top that takes these simple ham and cheddar sliders to a whole different level! It gave these sliders amazing flavor!
These are so great for a quick delicious dinner, yet they would also be great for a big get together or party! Even the pickiest eater at my house will eat these with joy. In fact, most of the time, everyone goes back for seconds, so be sure to make plenty!
What you need to make the Best Sliders:
These ingredients are so simple and are all family favorites! They are items that can always be found on my weekly shopping list and come together perfectly in this amazing dish!
- White dinner rolls: King’s Hawaiian are hard to beat, but dinner rolls would be pretty fantastic too!
- Sliced ham: Smoked honey ham is pretty amazing or any ham you love.
- Sliced cheddar cheese: Place half a slice on each roll for great melty texture. I like the flavor of using a sharp cheddar.
- Mayonnaise: Keeps the bread soft in the middle and adds a bit of flavor as well.
- Poppy seeds: To taste. I sometimes do half with and half without for the sake of my kids.
- Yellow mustard: The spice from this on the buttery tops of the rolls is amazing!
- Butter: Melted to combine with seasoning and brush over the rolls.
- Worcestershire sauce: The secret seasoning ingredient in the butter sauce that will take these sliders to the next level!.
Making a Sliders:
These ham and cheese sliders are so easy to assemble. Just layer your ham and cheese onto a sliced roll and brush the tops with your butter seasonings. Pop them in the oven, and serve them up hot!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by cutting each dinner roll in half and spread mayonnaise on each side.
- Add cheese and meat: Fold the slice ham in half and top with sliced cheese.
- Place rolls in pan: Place them in a 9×13 baking dish close together. *You should be able to fit 15 in a 9×13 and 9 in a 9×9 if you aren’t doing 24.
- Whisk sauce: Mix together poppy seeds, yellow mustard, melted butter, and Worcestershire sauce. Brush the sauce generously over the top of the rolls.
- Bake: Let butter set up then place rolls in preheated oven. If you want the tops less brown, cover with aluminum foil. Let them bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and they are heated throughout.
Tips for Ham Sliders:
This recipe is such a huge hit when entertaining as well as a family favorite! So, I find myself making it often! I have learned some tricks to the perfect sliders and also some ways to change them up from time to time.
- Cheese- Swapping out the cheese is an easy way to make these sliders feel totally different. Provolone, Swiss or any cheese that melts well will work great. Put an extra layer of cheese underneath the meat for extra cheesy sliders that will not get soggy.
- Protein- Using roast beef or turkey also works great in these sliders. When cooking for a large crowd I will make some of each. Just be sure your meat layer is even throughout all sliders.
- Sauce: Mayonnaise can be left out of this recipe if you do not enjoy it.
- Dipping Sauce: My kids love to dip their sliders in ranch dressing or honey mustard.
- Breakfast: When we have friends and family stay with us I add bacon and eggs to these to make a crowd-pleasing breakfast option!
- Seasonings: Add Italian, onion, and garlic seasonings for extra flavor in your topping.
- Serving Size: When planning how many to make, plan for each person to eat 2-4 of these yummy sliders.
What to serve with Sliders?
Depending on whether you are making this as a lunch, dinner, or appetizer there are endless options of things to serve with these ham and cheddar sliders. I have served them with salads, vegetables, chips, soup, and french fries just to name a few things.
Storing and Reheating Ham and Cheddar Sliders:
This recipe is perfect as a make ahead freezer meal or for prepping the night before entertaining. Simply wrap tightly in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to bake.
- Make ahead: This sandwich can be made 1 day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Storage: Tightly wrapped and stored in the refrigerator, leftovers will last up to 3 days. In the freezer, leftovers will last 2 weeks.
More Amazing Sandwich Recipes:
Ham and Cheddar Sliders
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 15 Servings
Delicious and cheesy ham and cheddar sliders that are easy and are great for a gathering!
- 24 white dinner rolls*
- 24 slices smoked or baked deli ham
- 12 slices cheddar cheese halved
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by cutting each dinner roll in half and spread mayonnaise on each side. Fold the slice ham in half and top with sliced cheese.
Place them in a 9×13 pan close together. *You should be able to fit 15 in a 9×13 and 9 in a 9×9 if you aren’t doing 24.
Let butter set up and place in preheated oven. If you want the tops less brown, cover with aluminum foil. Let them bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and they are heated throughout.
Updated on June 4, 2020
Originally Posted On: October 25, 2013
Ham and Cheddar Sliders
Amount Per Serving
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g50%
Vitamin A 325IU7%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.