These Gingerbread Muffins are holiday comfort food. Soft muffins loaded with a delicious ginger spice. This recipe makes for the perfect breakfast or snack.
Gingerbread Cookies are a traditional holiday favorite. This recipe for Gingerbread Muffins takes a holiday classic and transforms it into a delicious new recipe that is perfect for breakfast, snack or treat.
These muffins are soft and packed with the delicious gingerbread flavor. The coarse sugar onto provides a wonderful texture to each bite.
These Gingerbread Muffins are sure to become a new holiday staple!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/12 teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup milk
- coarse sugar to garnish the top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 14 to 15 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, molasses, oil, applesauce egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Whisk together.
- In a small bowl combine the milks.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture with the milk mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffins ¾ of the way full.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 375 degrees F. Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- You know they are done when the muffins spring back to the touch. Do not over bake or they will be tough.
- Cool on a wire rack.