Easy Croissant French Toast can be prepared the night before and baked in the morning! Impress your family with a decadent breakfast!
There’s no better way to serve Croissants! Buttery, flaky croissants soak up a full flavoured egg wash to give you perfect, soft-in-the-middle croissant French Toast with a crispy golden crust. The best of both worlds!
Incredibly easy, this may just be better than regular French toast. Let your oven do all the work for you!
CROISSANT FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
When you’re craving a good French toast but want something different… this is it. Of course, you could go a French Toast Casserole using regular bread, BUT this is just a whole level up from that.
If we have anything in common, well, Croissants are everything. In something like this though, they are even better.
Almost like a bread pudding, this is a croissant French toast recipe that is so easy for you to throw together without having to stand at the stove looking after French toast, flipping and maybe/almost burning your breakfast because Mimosas may or may not be going down.
HOW TO MAKE CROISSANT FRENCH TOAST
- Make an egg wash with milk, heavy cream (or thickened cream), eggs, sugar, pure vanilla extract and a touch of cinnamon.
- Slice your croissants in half horizontally and place the bottoms in your baking dish. You will need a 9×13-inch dish.
- Pour half of the egg wash over the croissant halves.
- Drizzle with real (pure) Canadian maple syrup.
- Top with remaining croissants.
- Pour remaining egg wash over croissants.
- Lightly press them in the egg wash to soak them completely.
- Dust with ground cinnamon and vanillin sugar.
- Refrigerate overnight OR bake!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CROISSANT FRENCH TOAST
As soon as croissant french toasts comes out of the oven, dust with powdered sugar and a drizzle of real maple syrup. Scoop out some ice cream, serve with a beautiful fruit salad and get transported to another world.
This is as simple as it gets and creates the best French toast for breakfast.
Preparing it the night before means breakfast or brunch the next morning is a breeze! If you don’t want to be stressed out and rushing around while trying to entertain people, this croissant french toast recipe makes life so much easier!
Simply assemble and refrigerate until ready to bake…then bake and serve. Beautifully simple and delicious!
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
Croissant French Toast Bake (Casserole) can be prepared the night before and baked in the morning! Buttery, flaky croissants soak up a full flavoured egg wash to give you perfect, soft-in-the-middle croissant French Toast with a crispy golden crust. Impress your family with a decadent breakfast!
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 1 hr
Serves: 8 serves
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream (thickened cream)
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 day old croissants about 1 1/4 pound | 570 g
- 1/3 cup Canadian maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter thinly sliced
- ground cinnamon and vanillin sugar to dust
- powdered sugar ice cream, maple syrup, fruit, to serve
Lightly grease a 9×13 inch-baking dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
Halve croissants horizontally (like a sandwich). Arrange the bottom slices in the base of your dish.
Pour over half of the egg mixture. Drizzle with maple syrup.
Add the remaining croissants over the top and pour remaining egg mixture over the croissants. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
When ready to bake, remove baking dish from the refrigerator and let stand for at least 30 minutes to get the chill out.
Preheat oven to 375°F (175°C).
Top croissants with thinly sliced butter and dust with cinnamon and vanillin sugar.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until croissants are golden. If the tops of the croissants begin to brown too quickly, tent dish loosely with foil.
Serve croissant french toasts warm with powdered sugar, ice cream, maple syrup and fruit (if you desire).
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 18g