This easy Breakfast Casserole recipe is made with eggs, spinach, tomatoes and Feta cheese and only takes a few minutes to whip up. You can make it ahead of time, so it’s the perfect breakfast egg casserole for Christmas morning or any day!
Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Feta
My husband Tommy claimed this to be the BEST breakfast casserole recipe he’s ever tasted. In fact, he loved it so much he reheated the leftovers the next morning! What he loved most was the texture of the eggs. They are fluffy and light – almost custard-like thanks to adding a little heavy cream. I’m not a fan of spongy eggs and love the texture of this crustless quiche, so I took inspiration from that recipe.
I’m excited to partner with Pyrex to share this breakfast casserole! Whether it’s celebrating the holidays with friends, family or even coworkers, holiday parties can be hectic! Pyrex Deep helps you get any holiday party off on the right foot with more food and larger dishes! This breakfast casserole is made with two dozen eggs so it feeds a large crowd. Plus, you can make it the night before, so it’s perfect for holidays or if you have a large group of people spending the night and you don’t have a lot of time to prepare in the morning.
The great thing about this recipe is how adaptable it is! And because this dish is SO deep, you can pack tons of more ingredients in it! Here’s some ideas to make an epic breakfast casserole.
- Add more veggies! Bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms would all be great options.
- Add some meat. Try this with chicken sausage, diced ham or chopped turkey bacon.
- Try different cheese options. Swap out the Feta cheese for ricotta, Parmesan, Swiss cheese or cheddar.
- Add some herbs. Chopped dill, parsley or chives would make a great addition.
How to Make Breakfast Casserole:
The main ingredients for this egg casserole are really simple and include eggs, spinach, tomatoes, shallots, and Feta cheese. We add a little heavy cream and milk to the egg mixture to make it creamy, light and fluffy
To make the casserole, saute the shallots in a little oil to soften. Then add the spinach and cook for about two minutes until it wilts. Combine with the remaining ingredients and pour it into a Pyrex Deep 9×13-inch baking dish. Bake until the edges are set and browned and the center is a little jiggly in the center. It will continue to cook and set up as it cools.
- New Pyrex Deep baking dishes are the deepest glass baking dishes sold in the US and hold up to 50% more than your current glass bakeware.
- Everyone has had that moment when they’re cooking. The casserole is in the oven and you get distracted – next thing you know, the food as boiled over and is bubbling on the floor of your oven. Then comes the smell and smoking. Great news, the deeper size of Pyrex Deep lets you bake your favorite holiday recipe without it spilling over.
- The dishes come with lids for easy storage of leftovers or transportation to parties and potlucks.
- You can find it at PyrexHome.com and Walmart.
Leftover egg casserole can be refrigerated for up to 4-5 days. Leftovers are delicious reheated in the microwave.
More Breakfast Casseroles You’ll Love:
Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Feta
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 40 mins
This easy Breakfast Casserole recipe is made with eggs, spinach, tomatoes and Feta cheese and only takes a few minutes to whip up.
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 24 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9 x 13 x 3-inch Pyrex Deep baking dish with oil.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and shallots and cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, heavy cream, Feta, scallions, tomatoes, salt and black pepper.
Mix in the spinach and shallots and pour into the prepared dish.
Bake until the center is solid and cooked through, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
Serving: 1slice, Calories: 296kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 19.5g, Fat: 20.5g, Saturated Fat: 10.5g, Cholesterol: 414.5mg, Sodium: 735mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 4.5g
Blue Smart Points: 6
Green Smart Points: 10
Purple Smart Points: 6
Points +: 8
Keywords: breakfast bake, Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Feta, Christmas, christmas breakfast casserole, Egg Casserole with Spinach and Feta
Photo credit: Adam Milliron
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pyrex. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own.